It’s soup season! Tortilla Soup or Mexican Chili is the perfect thing for these cold, rainy fall evenings, especially topped with Conebella Farm Sharp Cheddar. This recipe is so quick to make and so delicious! I love to make it for company since it’s easy to put together ahead of time. It’s also great for taking on vacation because it’s so easy to pack the canned goods since they can be transported without needing refrigeration.
Part of what makes this meal awesome is the toppings. You can load on the sour cream, cilantro, avocados, green onions and of course, Conebella Farm Sharp Cheddar. Our Sharp Cheddar is perfectly smooth and creamy…we could go on and on about how delicious it is, but don’t just take our word for it! It won first prize at the PA Farm Show!
Here’s the recipe for Tortilla Soup, a perfect easy meal!
Tortilla Soup with Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 (24oz) jars mild salsa
- 16 oz chicken broth
- 2 (15oz) cans black beans (drained)
- 2 (15oz) cans corn (drained)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped Cilantro
- Diced Avocado
- Diced Green Onions (optional)
- Shredded Conebella Farm Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Slow cook the chicken in a crock pot in water or broth on high for 2-3 hours until tender. Shred with a fork.
- In a large pot or crock pot, add the salsa, broth, black beans, corn, chili, cumin and lime juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Serve warm topped with cilantro, avocado, diced green onions, Conebella Farm Sharp Cheddar Cheese and sour cream.