Garlic. Salt. Pepper. Olive oil. Herbs. Tomatoes. Cheese.
Every time I cook Italian food, I wonder why I ever eat anything else. This simple combination of ingredients is so delicious, affordable and easy.
From pizzas to pasta, bread, salad or meat, this combination is incredible in so many recipes. We paired these ingredients with our fresh mozzarella, and it did not disappoint!
Although there is much more to Italian cooking than just pizza and pasta, it’s really hard to order anything else on the menu when you know those tried and true recipes will be a winner every time.
Our cheese is made by a local cheese maker, using farm-fresh milk from our Ayrshire cows. Milk from Ayrshires has more butterfat than milk from the more common Holstein cow, making for a creamier cheese. This recipe calls for Colby and Fresh Mozzarella.
This recipe comes together easily for a lunch or an easy meatless dinner. For an option with meat, make a side of Chicken Parmesan.
- 1 package spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Conebella Farm plain or Italian Colby
- ½ cup Conebella Farm fresh mozzarella
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Slice the tomatoes into 6ths.
- Mince the garlic. Set half of it aside.
- Toss the tomatoes in olive oil, half the minced garlic, salt and pepper. Roast at 450 for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes begin to brown.
- While that’s cooking, cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and toss with olive oil; set aside.
- In the same pot you used to cook the pasta, add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 clove minced garlic. Heat over medium heat 1 minute. Add half and half, milk and Colby cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Turn off heat and add pasta into the mixture. Toss to coat. Add diced mozzarella and sprinkle generously with pepper and a little bit of salt.
- Add roasted tomatoes, chopped mozzarella and basil. Serve and enjoy!