In summer, fresh produce makes all the difference. I’ll never forget the first time I grew my own lettuce – the flavor of homegrown lettuce is incredible! While I don’t currently have the property to be able to grow my own lettuce, I like to buy it from local farms. Some of my favorite kinds of homegrown lettuce include butterhead lettuce, which I buy from nearby Weaver’s Orchard, but amazing lettuce can be found at other farms all summer long too.
Did you know that August is PA produce month, and that produce season is excellent through much of September? Locally grown lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes make an incredible salad, especially when topped with Conebella Farm’s cheese curds. Any flavor of our cheese curds would be delicious, including plain, garlic and herb, pizza, or even jalapeño. Diced cheddar or Colby cheese would be equally delicious in any flavor combination.
I often make my own salad dressing, or use a tried-and-true favorite like the Olive Garden Italian or a good Balsamic Vinaigrette.Print
Salad with Conebella Farm Cheese Curds
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 head locally grown lettuce such as Butterhead Lettuce
- 1 tomato
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup diced cheese curds, any flavor
- Salad dressing of choice
- Wash and cut (or rip apart) lettuce
- Slice up the tomato and cucumber, and any other local produce you want to add.
- Dice the cheese curds or other cheese.
- Add to a bowl and dress. Toss, then serve. Enjoy!