Fireworks, patriotism, laughter with family and friends, and of course mouthwatering dishes that go all out for the festivities are typical of 4th of July celebrations! Most barbeques this upcoming Thursday will probably include burgers, corn, kabobs, salads or slaws, ribs, and some sort of red, white and blue berry treat. At these types of parties many people look forward to the classics. I know there are certain family dishes that I crave around this time of year! However, it’s also fun to create new family favorites by adding a few new recipes in the midst of the time proven classics.
Here is a newbie that you could try introducing this year:
Jalapeño Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Total Time: 45 minutes
Number of servings: 24
- 24 whole jalapeño peppers
- 24 slices of sharp Cheddar cheese (For extra heat use our Jalapeño Cheddar or Smoked Jalapeño Cheddar)
- 3 pieces (8 oz.) Italian sausage, precooked
- 12 slices bacon
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Slice peppers in half from tip to stem, leaving stem end intact. Scrape out seeds and fibers with a spoon. Be sure to wash your hands and cutting board thoroughly after handling jalapeños!
- Fold one slice of cheese in half and stuff into each pepper. Cut cooked sausages lengthwise in half, then each half into quarters. Stuff one piece of sausage into each pepper and press closed.
- Cut bacon slices in half, wrap each slice around a jalapeño and secure with a toothpick.
- Place a drip pan under grill grate and arrange peppers on grate above the pan.
- Grill 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until bacon is crisp and peppers are tender. Alternatively, you can bake them at 400ºF for 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe from: http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/grilled-stuffed-jalapeno-peppers
Here are a few ideas of how to incorporate Conebella Farm Cheese into your food festivities:
· Top off your burgers with any of our delicious cheeses! A juicy burger will be even better topped with horseradish cheddar, Italian cheddar, or smoked Colby.
· Cool pasta salads with chunked cheese or green veggie salads sprinkled with shredded flavored cheese will sure add a bit of pizzazz to those classics.
· Also, add cheese to your beef, chicken, or veggie kabobs.
Enjoy your summer fun and keep these ideas in mind when you get ready to fire up the grill!