It’s not just your imagination. Studies have shown that time really does feel like it is flying by as we get older. Some have thought that this is because, when we’re kids, our hearts beat more quickly, and this functions as a natural timekeeper, making it feel like more time has passed. Or that we’re receiving so much input that it makes blocks of time seem longer.
But the most convincing reason is that we measure time according to how much of it we have lived. “To a two-year-old,” writes Christian Yates in Discover Magazine, “a year is half of their life, which is why it seems such an extraordinary long period of time to wait between birthdays when you are young.”
As we get older, the problem is not waiting for things to happen, but finding time for all the things we need to do, much less want to do.
When we’re young, it feels like forever until dinnertime. As we move into adulthood, we worry about finding the time to make a flavorful dinner using healthy ingredients.
So, to make the most of our time, let’s all make this Easy Cheesy Herb Chicken with Conebella Farm’s Garden Garlic spread. This recipe is creamy, flavorful and comes together in just 30 minutes!
Easy Cheesy Garden Garlic Chicken
Adapted from 12 Tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- 2–4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 of a yellow onion, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 2/3 package Conebella Farm Garden Garlic spread
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- water, as needed
- Serve over cooked pasta, if desired
- Place chicken in a large skillet and brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet and cook chicken to 165F. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil and add onion, garlic and herbs. Cook until onion is soft. Stir in cheese spread, lemon juice, lemon zest and a little water as needed and whisk until smooth. Add flour and stir in. Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Transfer chicken back to skillet and cook until heated through.