Imagine a summer supper in southeast Pennsylvania. The smell of fresh-cut hay wafts up to the screened-in porch. Light begins to fade into a hazy orange. Fireflies pulse.
What’s a night like this like without corn on the cob? Would the meal be the same without this fresh Pennsylvania delicacy… so sweet, buttery and crisp? What would summer meal prep be like without spending time shucking corn with a sibling, parent, aunt or grandparent?
Even though Christmas is full of its own sweet traditions that we are getting ready to celebrate right about now, I am finding myself missing summertime suppers on my parents’ front porch.
That’s why I was so glad to find an appetizer that brought back the sweet goodness of corn-on-the-cob, but with all the decadent creaminess of the best winter comfort food.
It’s hard to go wrong with cheesy corn dip. Actually, what’s hard about making this recipe is that eventually you have to stop eating corn dip. If you’re attending a large gathering this Christmas, and you’ve been charged with bringing an appetizer, you may want to double this recipe. It’s sure to go fast.
This Triple Cheddar Corn Dip tastes rich, yet it’s been lightened up a bit with yogurt instead of sour cream. And, with both Conebella Farm Jalapeño Cheddar and some mild green chiles, it has a pleasant kick to it.
Though it’s best straight out of the oven, it reheats well too. Chips and crackers both work well for serving.Print
Triple Cheddar Corn Dip
- Category: Dip
- 2 14.5 ounce cans sweet kernel corn
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 quarter of an onion, chopped
- 4 ounces Conebella Farm Cheddar spread, softened
- 3/4 cup Conebella Farm Cheddar Cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Conebella Farm Jalapeño Cheddar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Chips or crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together the softened cheddar spread, Jalapeño Cheddar, yogurt and garlic powder, and then mix in the corn, chiles and onion.
- Transfer to a square, medium-sized baking dish and bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.